Pre-Order Two Dogs in a Trench Coat Go to School, Get Stuff!
My next book, Two Dogs in a Trench Coat Go to School, will be published on May 29, 2018. And you know what that means: it’s pre-order time!
From now until May 28, 2018, if you pre-order Two Dogs in a Trench Coat Go to School, and then email proof of purchase (forward the email if you buy it online, or send a photo of a receipt from your local bookstore) and your mailing address to firstname.lastname@example.org, and you will get this swag from me:
The full swag package is:
- A Two Dogs in a Trench Coat postcard with a note from me and a scratch-and-sniff sticker on it. The stickers vary, but they’re all things that the dogs like to smell (the sticker in the photo is Dirt — all the rest are foods).
- A bookmark.
- TWO enamel pins, one of the dogs from the cover of the book, and one Bea Arthur Elementary lapel pin, which the dogs’ teacher wears in the book.
What’s that? You want to see those enamel pins up close? Of course you do:
These pins are not available any other way. The only way you can get the pins is by pre-ordering the book! (Or being one of my children.)
Why pre-order? (Pre-ordering, if you don’t know, is buying the book before it comes out. You buy it now, and it gets sent to you when it’s published.) When you pre-order, you’re sending the message to bookstores and the publisher that you are excited about the book. Then they get excited about the book. And then we’re all excited about books, and what’s better than being excited about books?
If you’re planning on buying a book anyway, it’s helpful to your author pals to pre-order it. And then it’s like past you is sending future you a present. Yay!
Once again, the directions to get the pre-order swag pack are as follows:
- Pre-order Two Dogs in a Trench Coat Go to School from your local bookstore or from an internet retailer by May 28, 2018. There is a list of links of places you can purchase on my Two Dogs book page.
- Special note: if you want a signed, personalized copy, pre-order it from Bull Moose. All Bull Moose pre-orders will be signed by me. If you want me to sign it to you or someone you know specifically, reply to the order confirmation email you get from Bull Moose with whatever you want me to write.
- Send me an email with proof that you pre-ordered and your mailing address so I know where to send your swag. Send the email to email@example.com.
- I’ll send you the package (note that it will come from me, not the place where you bought the book, so don’t worry if you get the book and it doesn’t have the pins and stuff with it).