Click here for my school visits brochure.
Presentations to grades K-2 include:
- how to find ideas
- how to make your ideas into a good story
Presentations to grades 2-5 include:
- How, why, and when to revise
- Good story beginnings and endings
- What a book looks like in all its stages, from first draft to final hardcover
Presentations for older grades include:
- Aspects of believable dialogue, and how to balance it with narration
- Character development to move your story forward and make it realistic
My presentations are a high-energy mix of writing tips, examples from my own writing and from other picture books, and hands-on activities. Please contact me for more information.
You can learn more about my thoughts on reading and writing from my Nerdy Book Club articles. I wrote about Ten Ways to Raise Readers, Ten Ways to Raise Writers, Writing for No One, and why It’s Ok to Write Terrible Stories.
“If you have not gotten a chance to connect with Julie Falatko yet, just do it. Right now. Get on Twitter and search @JulieFalatko. Julie is enthusiastic, kind, passionate and clearly loves kids and children’s literature. I had the great good fortune to meet her in person at nErDcampNNE in Maine this January. We were in a session sharing great book titles and I had a blast learning with her. I asked her if she would be willing to connect with my students and she said, “YES!” …If you get a chance to have a school visit or skype with Ms. Falatko, you will enjoy every moment! Enormous thanks for spending time with us and celebrating World Read Aloud Day 2015!” –Jenny Lussier, elementary school library media specialist