How do you raise a reader? Head on over to the Nerdy Book Club to read my post about what I’m doing to get my children to love reading. By request, here is a list of the books I mention in the post:
Board books and picture books:
- My Car by Byron Barton
- Small Brown Dog’s Bad Remembering Day by Mike Gibbie, illustrated by Barbara Nascimbeni
- 1 Zany Zoo by Lori Degman, illustrated by Colin Jack
Easy Reader and Chapter books:
- Days with Frog and Toad by Arnold Lobel
- A Crooked Kind of Perfect by Linda Urban
- The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis
- Peter Nimble and His Fantastic Eyes by Jonathan Auxier
- Ivy and Bean series by Annie Barrows, illustrated by Sophie Blackall
- The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien
- The True Meaning of Smekday by Adam Rex
- The Spiderwick Chronicles by Holly Black and Tony DiTerlizzi (this one’s not explicitly mentioned, but it’s the one Eli is recommending out the attic window in the last bit.
Note: the above are Amazon affiliate links. Please visit your local independent bookstore whenever possible!