Julie Falatko is a children’s book author who writes quirky, funny stories.
Julie is available for appearances, interviews, and school visits. She also schedules a limited number of free Skype sessions with classes throughout the school year.
Short bio: Julie Falatko is a children’s book author with a library degree, who writes quirky stories about misunderstood creatures. She grew up in New Jersey, and now lives in Maine with her husband, four children, and two dogs, where she maintains a Little Free Library in front of her house.
Still short, but slightly longer bio: When Julie Falatko was 8 years old, she wrote her first story, about a family of ornery foghorns. Making things up was so much fun, she knew she had to figure out how to do that forever. She went on to earn an English degree and a library degree, and now she mostly writes stories about misunderstood animals trying to find their place in the world. Julie lives in Maine with her husband, four children, and two dogs, where she maintains a Little Free Library in front of her house.
If you click on them you’ll get to bigger versions, if you right click on them, you can save them to your computer. Both photos are by Cara Slifka.
Articles Julie wrote:
- Ten Ways to Raise Readers (Nerdy Book Club, November 10, 2012)
- PiBoIdMo Success Stories: Loosening the Idea Faucet (Tara Lazar’s blog, July 28, 2013)
- Writing for No One (Nerdy Book Club, October 15, 2013)
- Sneaky Ideas (Picture Book Idea Month, October 30, 2013)
- Ten Ways to Raise Writers (Nerdy Book Club, January 11, 2014)
- It’s Ok to Write Terrible Stories (Nerdy Book Club, November 18, 2014)
- The Alligator at the Door (Nerdy Book Club, June 4, 2015)
- 10 Picture Books for Reptile Awareness Day (Brightly, October 21, 2015)
- Ten Ways Kid Writers are Just Like Grownup Writers (Nerdy Book Club, December 15, 2015)
- 10 Rules for Being a Writer (12×12 March 2016 Featured Author post, March 1, 2016)
- Kick Down the Bumpers (Two Writing Teachers Author Spotlight, May 25, 2016)
Julie’s Agent is: Danielle Smith of Lupine Grove Creative. You can email her at danielle AT lupinegrove dot com.
For interviews, articles, and appearances related to Snappsy the Alligator (Did Not Ask to Be in This Book), please contact Viking Children’s Books publicist Lindsay Boggs. You can email her at lboggs AT penguinrandomhouse dot com.